Cable Assembly (Red Team) - NPI Technician
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Grade/Level: 3+ Years Experience
Amount of Travel Required: N/A
Work Schedule: M-F
Positions Held: NPI Technician/Cable Assembly
The NPI Technician will be required to support New Product Introduction (NPI) and be a main contributor to build First Article Wire/Cable Harness Assemblies and create detailed process instructions/router sheet to assemble the components to meet the customers specifications. Must demonstrate knowledge and skills to build wiring harnesses, harness board, assembly jigs, and test fixtures. Will work cross functionally to help support Manufacturing as required. Strong communication and business acumen is required for this role.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Build First Article Wiring/Cable Harness Assemblies.
- Electromechanical/Box Build Assembly is a plus.
- Document assembly and subassembly builds for process/work instructions.
- Build to compliance with IPC/WHMA-A-620, J-STD-001 & company standards.
- Build Harness Boards, Assembly Jigs, and Test Fixtures.
- Operate with minimal supervision within defined limits of responsibility.
- Support Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing with new tasks and goals as required.
- Use various gauges/measuring devices and be able to use hand tools along with small bench top equipment.
- Help with Product Testing and Test Procedure Development.
- Coordinate build development fixture/tooling along with 3D Printing.
- Continuing support of manufacturing documents, processes, and activities.
- Drive projects/deliverables to the finish line.
- Work with other team members responsible for NPI and continuing manufacturing.
- Provide technical support and coaching to team members.
- Identify concerns and drive to final solutions.
- Identify areas for improving productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
- Demonstrate ability to work with cross-functional teams as a team player.
- Demonstrate analytical and creative thinking.
- Help support training requirements for new/current hires.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in technical build of Cable Assembly/Wiring Harness.
- Electromechanical Box Build Assemblies a plus.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certification for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies a plus.
- IPC-J-STD-001 is highly desirable.
- Must understand BOM, Blueprints, Wire Diagram & Schematics.
- Operational knowledge of Cirris Tester a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to build wiring/cable harness.
- Perform document verification testing on first article.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Organized/detailed oriented with sense of urgency to get projects to finish line.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Hold self to high personal values and ethical standards.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 3 years hands-on experience in technical build of Cable Assembly/Wiring Harness. Electromechanical Box Build a plus.