Manufacturing Process Engineer
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Grade/Level: BS, Minimum 5+ Yrs Experience
Amount of Travel Required: Limited travel required.
Work Schedule: M-F
Positions Held: Process Engineer/Mechanical Engineer
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will be responsible for Aved’s Manufacturing Engineering Process of Battery Pack Designs and Manufacturing. The candidate will lead, coordinate, and assist in creating test specifications. Will create Fixture/Tooling designs using Solidworks and maintain quality and cost along with manufacturing controls. Tasks will include continuing support of manufacturing documents, processes, and deploying new Robotics. The candidate will work cross functionally with Manufacturing, Program Management, Materials, and Quality Departments to ensure transition of activities in R&D for production. The candidate will support New Product Introduction (NPI) and be a main contributor to apply the use of automation equipment for production requirements. Maintain direct relationships with our customers as warranted with a strong business acumen is required of this role.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Manufacturing Process Engineering of Battery Packs with some Solidworks fixture/tooling designs.
- Deliverables for Product Testing and Test Procedure Development.
- Coordinate build development fixture/tooling along with 3D Printing.
- Continuing support of manufacturing documents, electrical schematics, processes, and activities.
- Support coordination of purchasing Battery Management System Printed Circuit Boards (BMS PCB’s).
- Recommendation of required capital equipment for manufacturing process.
- Assist with NPI schedules and communicate frequent progress updates.
- Communicate with customers for recommendations on design and manufacturing requirements.
- Assist with our compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Drive projects/deliverables to the finish line.
- Work with other team members for responsible for NPI and continuing manufacturing.
- Provide technical support and coaching to team members.
- Identify capacity concerns and drive solutions to eliminate bottlenecks with new Robotics.
- Identify areas for process automation as a means of improving productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
- Demonstrate ability to work with cross-functional teams as a team player.
- Demonstrate analytical and creative thinking.
- Help support training requirements for new/current hires.
- Coordinate with Sales, Materials and Manufacturing Directors to meet customer demands.
- Business Acumen -- Demonstrate ability to coordinate proper utilization of time and identify Engineering Design requirements.
- Responsible – Demonstrate ability and held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Well Organized – Possess the trait of being well organized and employing systematic methods.
- Leader – Ability to communicate needs and execute goals.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: BS with preference to Electrical/Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
Experience: 5+ years in Electro-Mechanical Process Engineering.